Lemon Cupcakes With Blueberry Icing (makes 3 dozen mini muffins or 12 regular sized muffins)
- Prep Time:10 minutes,
- Cook Time: 15 minutes,
- Total Time: 1 hours,
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 2 large lemons (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, defrosted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- 3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 4. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla, beating on low speed until combined.
- 5. Still on low speed, slowly add half of the flour mixture, then the milk, then the remaining flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go.
- 6. Fold in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 7. Pour the batter into greased mini muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes (22 minutes for regular sized muffins) or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- 8. Place the defrosted blueberries in a strainer over a bowl and press to produce 3-4 tablespoons of blueberry juice.
- 9. In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and blueberry juice to form a blueberry glaze.
- 10. Allow cupcakes to cool completely then drizzle or ice with the blueberry glaze.